My training philosophy is...
- Positive Reinforcement of Alternate Behavior
- Management of the Problem and Setting the Dog Up To Succeed
- Consequences for the Inappropriate behavior
I also believe....
- Treat the cause of a behavior, not just the symptom
- Exercise is of utmost importance (a tired dog is a good dog).
- Consequences should never frighten a dog
- Owner must be commtted to training
My training methods include...
- Operant Training (rewards based)
- Negative punishement (removing the positive reinforcement)
- Management Techniques (physical stimulation - exercise, mental stimulation - interactive toys, adjusting the dogs environment - removing unacceptable objects from the dogs reach)
- clicker training (marking a wanted action with a "clicker")
Once you experience professional dog training, you will wonder why you waited until now. I look forward to working with you and your dog.